Monday, September 28, 2009

Group show

                       I will have one of my paintings accompanied by two short poems in
            the cancer survivors exibit at the U.R.I. gallery in downtown Providence, R.I. . This
            group showing has works by about 30 artist relating to the theme. The show runs from
            Oct. 4th through the 30th. Opening reception is on "Gallery night" Oct. 15th-- 5pm--9pm.
                       This ended up being a quik think and do challenge as I submitted work
            months ago & received a phone call last Tues. informing me of where & when to deliver
            my works. Oops somebody forgot to e-mail me! No big deal tomorrow I will drop off my
            entry and it will be in the show. I am extending an open invitation to attend, and please
            remember the October is breast cancer awareness month. Thank you.

4 comments:

  1. That's great, Tom! Congratulations. Hope the show is a success.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Aaron,
    It already is a success for me as I have
    something in a show that is very personal
    for me. I only hope it helps the cause a
    bit more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Tom. What a great thing you are doing. May it be a wonderful success for you and all the artists involved.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Kathleen,
    Already has to be a success, because it's
    for cancer "survivors" & their families! The
    painting you see at the top of my page here is
    the one in the show along with 2 short poems
    I wrote days before I delivered the items for
    the show. Both my younger sister & one of my
    sisters-in-law were diagnosed with breast cancer around the time I started working on
    it. Both are survivors over the last 6 years,
    although my sister is currently back on
    treatments.

    ReplyDelete